Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Indonesia, Batam Day 1

Hello readers(well not sure if there are any left, but if there are, hello!)

I realized how lousy I am as a blogger because I'm only blogging about my Batam trip(which was during Dec 2012) right now! I'm really sorry as it has been a hectic month for me because as I mentioned in my previous post, I started working. Well I've been working in Laqvin for almost 2 months now and I'm starting to get used to it. So no biggie. Where was I again. Oh right. Batam.

Sooo we took a taxi to HarbourFront to catch our ferry to Batam.


 Boarded Wavemaster 3! :)


 Arrived the ferry terminal and spent like an hour queuing to go through the immigration but I'm glad it only took 45-mins to reach Batam from Singapore!
 We hurriedly look around for our tour guide and we were brought to a small house to watch some shows. The Indonesians were going crazy. They started cracking the hard coconut open with only their teeth, played with fire and even ate broken glass! Everyone on the tour was like o_o :S :X

 Oh and we bought fried bananas in the ferry terminal. It was so-so. 

 Then we went for buffet lunch which was provided by the tour. The food was surprisingly delicious. I mean usually the food I eat at buffets are only so-so. Or maybe I was really hungry at that time.

 We saw a lot of these in Batam. Maybe it's like in Brunei except they don't give flowers?

 Bought this fake Anna Sui wallet from an outlet in Batam. Lauya one. The leather thing came off the first time I use it. 

We went to Batam's oldest temple next. It has been there around 30-35 years I guess.  








We were then brought to this shop that sells all grade A designer bags. Oh yeah. Got my replica Anna Sui wallet there. Costed me around BND $20 for that.


Our tour includes 1 hour of free massage. My virgin trip to a massage parlor though. It was really awkward when the masseuse took off my inner wear because my mum & I shared a room together. Haha. After the massage, we were given an hour to shop at Batam City Square Mall. The interior is a little bit similar to KL's Sungei Wang.

We finally checked in our hotel at Harmoni One hotel. It's a newly built hotel in Batam. :)


I love how spacious the room is! 





We called for room service because there were no restaurant nearby. Moreover, it was really really cheap. The carbonara was only BND $4 if I'm not mistaken. 

Mum's sandwich. Love it as well!



We spent our night watching some China singing competition and SG show. We then tucked in to bed quite early to get ready for the next day! :)

Stay tuned for my next post! I'll try to blog as often as possible alright. Signing off with a kiss! 

1 comment:

  1. Please contact us to have a private car rent reservation in Batam.
    Whatsapp / Line : +62 812 83 999 510 / +62 812 75 88 6536 (Benny Lim)
    Email : Limbenny@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete