Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday 4 August 2012

Penang Trip

Penang Trip
Day 1 in Penang

After all that has been happening in my life, I really need a short getaway. This was the best chance. Although I have been away for only 4D3N, it was still better than staying at home and wasting my days away.

Moving on...


Our flight was at 9:30am so we were supposed to be there an hour earlier.

I brought my Hello Kitty luggage with me this time. I was actually pissed off with the bag by the end of our trip. (I'll tell you why at the end of this post)


Had Marrybrown's Fish & Chip for lunch. I don't really like their chicken though. It taste a little weird, well for me at least. Another thing I hate about eating at Marrybrown is that there's many flies! I had to use my right hand to eat and left hand to protect my drink.


Mom bought some Tiramisu & white sesame chocolate to munch on the plane from Famous Amos at the departure hall for RM 40. fhl hahaha


Bought some cola candies & burger gummies for Vinly. 


After sleeping for an hour in the plane, we finally arrived Penang's airport! Yes the flight's duration is only an hour. omg I was so damn happy!

So we took the cab to our hotel. We sat on an executive car(the taxi driver said they have only 4 cars of the same kind in Penang) and tell you what, the space where you put your legs are super super spacious!! It was so comfortable except for the hot weather.

 I called Juni the moment I arrived Penang and we talked until I reached the hotel.




Mom waiting for her turn to check in. It was kind of quiet that day. 



The room was alright, twas enough for the 3 of us. 


View from our hotel room. :)


I wanted the sunlight so I stood there and took like 25674328546 pictures(and chose the best one, ofcourse). I was sweating ok!




After checking in the hotel, we went to walk around our hotel. There are Starbucks, Guardian & Old Town White Coffee! It was really convenient. 


It's already 6pm and it was still so bright! Fun fact: Penang only gets dark after 8pm. 



A Japanese restaurant I wanted to have our dinner at.. but mom just had to say no. :c


Had our dinner in this lil nonya restaurant. 


It has a great ambiance but I don't really like the food there. They don't have much choice either.


The only food I like on this big ass plate is the eggs. The rest are just no no. :c It was disappointing as it was our first meal in Penang.


We were looking forward to their home-made cendol too. To our disappointment, it sucks. The cendol was alil too hard and the syrup itself doesn't have much taste. Brunei's pasar malam has better cendols! 


Look at the sky. It's already 8pm in Penang!




 On our way back to our hotel. This is a mall called the Penang Plaza. Sadly, the goods sold there are either too old or too boring.


Got myself a mango yogurt at Giant in the plaza. It was only RM 1.60 for one. :'D


Day 2 in Penang


The night before mom said that we'll be going to the Toy Museum and the giant buddha temple.

#ootd


Chicken loaf is the best! They taste a little like luncheon meat, but it's a little bit harder. 


Mom toasted bread for brother. I was too lazy to toast one for myself and walked away instead.


I have no idea what this is. Salad I guess. I totally skipped this area. 



My breakfast! Chicken loaf, a little bit of Nasi Lemak & fried noodle and sausages. I don't like their Nasi Lemak's sambal. It's super oily and just doesn't taste nice at all. 


Blur candid shot by mom.


Ok the other plate of toast belongs to my brother. I did not eat toast that day ok! 


Mom was busy checking in and posting pictures on her FB at the lobby so I've decided to camwhore a little.

So after we had our breakfast, we walked for a little and mom went to ask around for taxi. Met one Chinese taxi driver and decided we're gonna let him earn. lololol! 


The temple with the giant buddha in in. I forgot what is this place called. Thai Buddhist Temple I guess, if I'm not mistaken.







Look at this!! Super huge buddha lying in the temple. This place is amazing! 



The buddha is covered in gold by the way.




So it is called the Thai Buddhist Temple!! I was right!! hahaha


There was this Burmese Buddhist Temple in front of the Thai Temple.


We saw this before entering the temple. So cute omg!!


I got the owl for Menxiu & the penguin for myself. Super love! Wanted to get the bunny but mom just had to say no. :c




Look how serious he is. He never smiles when taking pictures! Ok he does but it's only when he's taking picture in Japan! lololol!!





Look what I've found. :')


Okay so our next destination was to the Toy Museum!


It was really disappointing to know that they're gonna move to another place soon.. which is why they packed a lot of toys already and there are only a few Hello Kitty left!! :(





How it looks inside the toy museum.


Horror chambers.


Chucky!!


Gremlins!! Used to love gremlins so so much! I even have the plushie.. I just lost it somehow.


Saw! Love the mask omg I want one too haha




The Avengers section.


Superman!


Spot Gingy!!




Trying to imitate the mummy's pose. 



hehehe notice the power ranger beside!





idk what you call this.. but you can find him in Gremlins!!


I assume it's Andrew Garfield.


OMG PENGUINS ARE LOVE ♥_____♥ !


Buzz light year, Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella & Snow White.


Bruce!! The shark in Finding Nemo.


Daddy's favourite.

 
So cute!


Bug's life! I remember how much I hate watching this because it looks disgusting. hahaha now I miss it.


idk why that pose.. but... Stitch!!!!



I promised Juni that I'll take a picture of Spongebobs when I see em.. there you go!


Ok this is the only Hello Kitties I saw. So little left! Twas disappointing.

After walking around the toy museum, the taxi driver brought us to a Chocolate shop because he can earn RM 5 from there. lololol! 

He told us that we'll get free ice cream if we spent more than RM 200 inside the chocolate boutique. We thought we'd never exceed RM 200 but we bought so much chocolates worth Rm 250+. lol

Filtered this photo this way because it looks better like this.


The building was so beautifully decorated!


Neh the guy in the background is our taxi driver. Busy taking his commission I think.




Yes, went to claim our free durian ice cream. I thought it was those normal durian ice cream.. until I had the first bite.. omg heaven. Love it so so much!! 


RM 6 for one if you are to order another extra one.




Got this for Juni since she loves Chocolate so much. Wanted her to try something different.


This small packet for RM 44. -_____-


The taxi driver then dropped us at 1st Avenue! I was so looking forward because there's Cotton On in the mall. :>

 



The shop itself was a little small though..



Got myself & Juni a top. Love it! Will post a post about what I bought in Penang soon. 


3 beef pies. 



ikojia selling all Hello Kitty merchandise. Got myself a hair curler for only Rm 33. Original ok! 






On our way to Komtar. 


Apparently Komtar is a building that sells IT stuff so we left.


We walked to the most famous cendol stall in Penang road all ze way from Komtar. It took us around 10 minutes I guess. Yeah. Or less.


Phua Chu Kang came here before. The guy in the picture is the small boss I guess.



The cendol was definitely better than the one I had the night before. I just don't really like the syrup.


Apparently everyone had to stand while eating the cendol unless you want to pay extra RM 2 to sit inside, which of course is packed with people.


They are also selling the best kueh tiaw in Penang. We were too full to eat because of the cendol so we tapau and brought it back to our hotel. 

We asked the people in Penang for directions to our hotel and they told us it was near. It was really "near" that we had to walk for 30 minutes to reach our hotel. My leg was almost cramped when we reach the hotel room. It was tiring.. :c





It was only 6pm when we reached our hotel. We were really exhausted so we stayed in the hotel for the remaining hours. 

"Just Kidding" was on the TV so all of us watched that to pass time.

What I bought on the 2nd day in Penang. 

Hello Kitty hair curler, coconut chocolate, 2 knitted top from Cotton On(the blue and brown stripes), 2 tops & 2 shorts from Perangin Mall and a pink dress. 


Apparently mom was too tired so she slept and told us to go get food ourself. So brother & I decided to eat at Old Town. I hate the waiters there. They have really bad attitude! 

BBQ Chix kolo mee. Gave brother the vege and surprisingly he ate 'em all. Vege's not his thing but I guess he was just too hungry. lol


Day 3 in Penang

So as promised, the taxi driver arrived our hotel to pick us up at 8:30am. I was feeling rather sick and had high fever. fml it was really hard for me to enjoy the surrounding the other day.

 Our first stop was to the Chew Jetty. It was raining really heavily when we reached there. So my main focus was on the umbrella, not the place itself. Mom was the one who took all the pictures. 

This place is like Kampong Ayer I guess. Kampong Ayer looks way better actually.





The taxi driver thought we didn't bring our umbrella with us and even took extra umbrellas from his cab and passed to us. He's actually quite nice leh!

Mom wanted to let us visit the snake temple.. I wasn't looking forward to it because I'm super afraid of snakes. It was the snakes' birthday so we were considered lucky.






We walked into this room which is full of snakes. I stood at an area and just looked around me. The two guys told me to come over and touch the snakes. I was already freaked out so I just kept quiet. 

Then he place the snake over his neck and wanted to come to me. I was like "OMG STOP. 不要过来!" Hahaha I was super scared. The worse part was he said that there are snakes everywhere in the room. He pointed upwards and there they are.. lying on pipes. fml









The taxi driver wanted to bring us to the Penang bridge but it was raining so he dropped us at Queensbay Mall instead.


 




It was kind of quiet as it was still early when we reached. 


They don't actually allow people to take pictures in the mall.


The Penang bridge we wanted to go earlier which is 13km long!

We went back in Queensbay Mall and went to Forever 21. F21 there is quite small compared to the one in Korea. Korea's F21 has 3 floors ok! wait or is it 2.. ok nvm.


Had our lunch at Station One. 


Mom's beef steak with black pepper sauce.


Brother's beef steak with black pepper sauce. None of them wants to try Station 1's sauce. :c


My marryland chicken with mozerella cheese. It was.. satisfying. 


Had to force a smile even when I'm sick because I obviously don't wanna look bad when I look back at my pictures.

After lunch, we took the bus back to Perangin mall. Perangin Mall is a mall that is a little similar to KL's timesquare.


We were too tired that we wanted to rest on the 'Rest n go'. RM 1 for 3 minutes!! In our Timesquare right, it's BND 1 for 3 minutes. Pian lui one. lololol!



Come to think of it, I seriously wonder why we did not eat Laksa instead.


What I bought that day from Queensbay Mall & Perangin Mall!

4 candies from P.M, BB cream from Guardian, 2 cute socks and hair curlers from Daiso at RM 5 each, candies from Queesbay Mall, 3 tops from F21, one floral top from P.M and 3 necklace from P.M!




2 friendship necklace for Juni & I and a dream catcher necklace. Love it!




I don't know what is this called but they have this corn cream inside.

So after we went back to the hotel, we stayed at the lobby for the internet. Yes, no internet in the room. 

And we left for the airport the next day around 6:15am.

I was forced to eat this in the KL airport before going back to Brunei because I was sick. Nevertheless, it still taste good though.


The good I bought in Penang. Oh did you guys notice the Super Junior album?! It was only selling for RM 72 when Brunei is selling for BND 64. 

Remember I said that I was pissed with my luggage at the top of this post? Okay so mom bought 20KG only for luggage check in so it wasn't enough as our luggage was obviously overweight. We wanted to take a little things out but I just can't open my stupid luggage. We tried every possible numbers but still couldn't open it. 

When we arrived home we only realize the hotel people actually changed our luggage code to God knows what. Brother had to try from 000 to 800 plus. The hotel cleaners must have changed the code of my luggage!! No wonder the other night when we came back to our hotel room, I saw my luggage being opened by someone. I thought it was my mother who opened it but apparently it wasn't her.

The moral of this story is that you can never actually put 100% trust in hotel cleaners because you never know what they might do to your luggage or things...

So this is the end of my trip. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment