Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday 24 December 2012

Osaka, Japan Day 2

Day two in Osaka was really exhausting because we joined the 6.5 hours walking tour of Osaka's highlights. We went to see breathtaking and panoramic views of Osaka from the Aerial Garden Observatory(as known as the Floating Garden which is 173 metres high), Osaka Castle's history and exhibits.

 Stayed for the night at Chisun Inn Esaka. 10-15 minutes walk from our hotel to Esaka MRT Station. 


The path we took everyday to reach the MRT station.



We took the train to Osaka(which was changed to Umeda) station to go to Hotel Granvia Osaka. We had to be there around 9:40am because the tour starts at 10am.


Traveled from M11江坂-Esaka to M16梅田-Umeda.

Eiko's our tour guide for the day and she used to live in the States so her English isn't a problem. We had to wait for another family to arrive so we just walked around the hotel lobby and took pictures. 

The Christmas tree at the hotel lobby and I. Saw many cute desserts but I'm just too afraid to take pictures of it because the lady working there kept staring at me. I was just being too paranoid I guess. 

The family arrived 10 minutes later and guess what? They're from Singapore! They were friendly and really nice going. Had a few small talks with them and mum exchanged name cards when we were on our way to the Floating Garden(as usual). 

We bought our breakfast(2 tuna bread) from MaxValue(a 24 hours supermarket) near our hotel. It was delicious! Why is everything so delicious in Japan? T_T


Samantha Thavasa! Too bad Daimaru hasn't open yet so.. we couldn't get in. :(

The weather was killing me. literally. I couldn't stand the wind blowing when the weather was already cold itself. Surprisingly my leg was not that cold. Yayers!



Yodobashi Umeda. A building that sells electrical appliances. 







On our way to the Floating Garden, Osaka. 



Eiko, our tour guide of the day. :)



The escalator that brings us to the Aerial Garden observatory.

Breathtaking view of Osaka city. :)





Center parting. Thanks to the wind. NO. Don't judge me. :b


Love locks! 




More love locks.

Please excuse my ugly hand writing. It wasn't supposed to be this messy but thanks the the first marker I was using that was out of ink, it became like this. :( But I really do hope my wish will come true! 


HAHAHAHA saw this at the top of the wishing tree. This somehow reminds me of Eng Chun. I wrote the exact same thing just months ago. 


Cute little hats they provide for picture taking!



My mum and her awkward pose. 


Japanese has this belief that you are supposed to tie a knot with the fortune paper you received if you obtained bad fortune. 




Walked back to Hotel Granvia to have lunch which was actually provided by the tour.


 It's not like.. I was tweeting while waiting for the food to be served. 


 Started off our dish with a bowl of extremely mouth watering pumpkin soup. 


 Salad with vinegar dressing. Also called as the vinaigrette. 


Had the picture sequence jumbled up and yeah. We had macaroon, tiramisu moose and ice cream for desserts.

Main course of the day. Cod fish with mash potato and cheese stick. I can't believe this small piece of fish is actually fulfilling. Not a fan of fish but I luv this!


Tried Japanese brown tea.. this is like.. a less bitter version of Japanese green tea. 



Waiting for the train to Osaka-jō Koen Station(JR Osaka Loop Line) which brings us to the Osaka Castle.





Isn't it just.. beautiful?


Heading for the main tower.






Oh my.. two hotties. 



The Singaporean guy. I think he's.. um. David?




Japan has many of these vending machines that sell hot and cold drinks. Super cool. I wanted to buy one but Eiko just had to rush us. :( 


NHK building. NHK(日本放送協会) is a Japanese famous broadcasting organization.. if you have no idea what NHK is. It's like Korea's SBS. 



The entrance to the main tower of Osaka Castle. :)



We saw a lot of cute dogs that has been dolled up by the Japanese. Creative Japanese is creative.



 Another family joined us for the tour and they are from Sydney. Their younger daughter loves dogs so much which was one of the reason why she could get along well with my mom.






 A wishing well located right in front of the Castle itself.




Another beautiful view from the observatory.







The cute little Australian kid that I mentioned above. 



Gokurakubashi bridge. 







We were so lucky that we got to see some leftover cherry blossoms! :D




Waiting to board the cruise which brings us around Nakanoshima passing views of Osaka including the Osaka castle, twin towers and city hall on Nakanoshima Isle. 



I don't get how my mum and brother could still eat ice cream in such cold weather. I was shivering the whole time. 

Our tickets to the cruise.





We had some Japanese tidbits while we were enjoying the view of Nakanoshima.










Our walking tour ended around 4:30pm and we were brought back to Umeda. 



Had Japanese noodles and pancakes for dinner. The average meal in Japan cost around BND $8-15. It's really expensive but it was worth it la. 

Got ourselves some block cheese for BND $8 at one of the stores at Hanshin Departmental Store.


This concludes day two in Osaka. I'm sorry this is actually a picture heavy post because I'm too tired to type any further. 

So.. Thanks for reading! See you guys in my next post. :) Luv you!

No comments:

Post a Comment